Friday, July 13, 2007

Mo's Bacon Chocolate Bar

This is a chocolate bar that has BACON in it! BACON! I like bacon, I like chocolate, but I don't want them together. I have eaten a lot of weird stuff including a deep fried twinkie...(which is the most vile thing I have ever eaten) but bacon chocolate bars? No thanks. Here is the text from the site:

Bacon Exotic Candy Bar - New
Applewood smoked bacon + Alder smoked salt + deep milk chocolate

Deep milk chocolate coats your mouth and leads to the crunch of smoked bacon pieces. Surprise your mouth with the smoked salt and sweet milk chocolate combination.

Crisp, buttery, compulsively irresistible bacon and milk chocolate combination has long been a favorite of mine. I started playing with this combination at the tender age of six while eating chocolate chip pancakes drenched in maple syrup. Beside my chocolate-laden cakes laid three strips of fried bacon, just barely touching a sweet pool of maple syrup. Just a bite of the bacon was too salty and yearned for the sweet kiss of chocolate syrup. In retrospect, perhaps this was a turning point, for on that plate something magical happened: the beginnings of a combination so ethereal and delicious that it would haunt my thoughts until I found the medium to express it--chocolate.
--Katrina

Shelf Life: 3 months

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/candy_bars_chocolate_chips

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's just nasty... not a big fan of bacon anyway.