Sunday, September 16, 2007

Amazing photos of the 2007 floods in China





Most of the time my blog is about silly stuff. Things that are fun, weird, etc. However, this is one entry that is very serious. I found these amazing photos of the floods that hit China this year at http://www.axisofinfo.com/?p=10 and wanted to share. I am only going to post a few of them, to see the rest, visit their site.

It's a story that I had heard about briefly in the news, but these photos really bring the human element home. Why does a story like this get little attention, and O.J. Simpson getting arrested dominates the news? Oh yeah, the media and American public love a scandal. We can shake our heads and cllick our tongues at Britney Spears imploding her career, or admire that Angelina Jolie adopted another child, but something like this is bitter and harder to wrap our heads around. I'll admit I'm as guilty as the next person. Later this week I'll blog about my adventures at the Utah State Fair and eating fried Coca Cola and my trip to Southern California. But for now, I wanted to reflect a little about these people and how grateful I am that I haven't had to experience such a thing.

No comments: