Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Joker's Halloween Scavenger Hunt



Well, Rory the Pumpkin over at www.whysoserious.com is gone and the marketing machine for the upcoming Warner Brother's film "The Dark Knight" is in full swing again. The Joker has written a note for us that says "Hey Clowns! Ready to do what you're told? First, don't start before dayligh. With a police force this corrupt, it's not safe to be out at night, and anyway, you won't be able to see the things you want to find. Follow all of my directions to the letter and send photos of what you find. I'll make it worth your while, I promise - for what that's worth"

There are 50 clues, each listing a city and has a set of travel directions and a hint as to what to look for when there. Once the photo is received, a part of what looks to be a ransom note will be revealed. My guess is that we will get some photos from the film and maybe the teaser poster. It's too bad that Salt Lake City wasn't one of the cities selected, so I don't have an excuse to miss work and take part in the fun. I will be checking the site through the day though, to see what is taking place. I have to say, for a film that isn't out until July of 2008, the marketing is creating some real hype and expectations for this thing. I can't wait until we get a real trailer for this one!

UPDATE:


The letters are coming in and though there are a few missing, it looks like it says "The only sensible way to live in the world is without rules." Very cool.

No comments: