Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Michael Caine talks about Heath Ledger as The Joker in "The Dark Knight"

Michael Caine has been giving huge amounts of praise for Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker in next summer's "The Dark Knight".

Caine said " I saw the Joker, and it's one of the scariest performances I've ever seen. He’s fantastic. He’s gone in a different direction than Jack (Nicholson) … Jack was like a really scary old, nasty old uncle with a funny face. Heath is like the most murderous psychopath you’ve ever seen on the screen. He'll frighten the life out of you. He did me the first time I saw him because we did a rehearsal on the first day and we hadn't met or anything. He had to come up in an elevator to Batman's home. I'm thinking I'm letting friends in, instead of which he's killed them all and he's coming up in the lift. In the first rehearsal, I've never seen him, and he has like seven dwarves with him like Snow White only it's not like that. When the bloody door opens on the lift, he came tearing out. I forgot every line I had. Terrifying."

The Joker is rumored to have henchmen in clown masks and have nicknames based on the Seven Dwarves. I don't think the Joker has actual dwarves, but who knows?

No comments: