Friday, November 2, 2007

Everything you never wanted to know about Crohns disease

I don't speak about this often, but I suffer from IBS, or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It's an embarrassing condition that requires frequent and regular trips to the bathroom, avoiding certain foods, random bodily noises at inconvenient times and feelings that ranges from general discomfort to "shoot me in the head now!" type of pain. Even though my IBS has never developed into Crohns disease, (thank heaven) I found so much that I could relate to with this artist. He created this piece over a 24 hour period, and it describes his living with Crohns disease. It's honest, heartfelt and emotionally raw. It may be difficult reading at time, but I hope that you will check it out. It takes a lot of guts (pardon the pun) to expose so much of yourself to the world through art, and it really is an amazing piece of work.

No comments: