Thursday, March 20, 2008

29 Music Questions

"What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns or watching violent videos afraid that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands, of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery, and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" - High Fidelity


1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
Hands down: RUSH

2. What was the last song you listened to?
“Easy” by Barenaked Ladies

3. What’s in your record/cd player right now?
A mix CD that I just finished making for the drive tomorrow

4. What song would you say sums you up?
I am too complex to sum up in a single song.

5. What’s your favorite local band?

Atherton http://www.athertonmusic.com/

6. What was the last show you attended?
+Live+ in Park City, Utah

7. What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
Queensryche's Promised Land Tour where Lisa and I were on the front row. A very close second would be seeing Glen Phillips (Former lead singer of "Toad the Wet Sprocket") at a very small club in L.A. called Largo. It holds maybe 100 people. Sarah from Nickel Creek joined him on stage and Teitur opened for him. We got to meet Glen briefly after the show. That was a good night.

8. What’s the worst band you’ve ever seen in concert?

"Mr. Big" opened for Rush on the "Roll the Bones" tour, but the Fatima Mansions/Weezer combo opening for +Live+ at the Utah State Fairpark is a close second.

9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
I don't think I have one.

11. What show are you looking forward to?
I would love to go catch Jimmy Eat World with Paramore in Orem, Utah on April 14th

12. What is your favorite band shirt?

I love my RUSH Armor and Sword shirt

13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?

Neil Peart

14. What musician would you like to be in love with for a day?

Gwen Stefani

15. Metal question: Jeans and Leather vs. Cracker Jack clothes?
I have no idea of what Cracker Jack clothes are

16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
Sabbath

17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
Lionel, because we would be dancing on the ceiling. In your face Newton!

18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?
Since hard rock isn't a choice, I would go metal.

19. Doesn’t Primus suck?
I think Les is an amazing bassist, but I don't like their music.

20. Name 4 flawless albums:

Rush - Snakes and Arrows

Ben Folds - Rockin' the Suburbs

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
I am a geek on so many levels, it doesn't even matter anymore

22. What was the greatest decade for music?
The 70s. The decade of the almighty Mellotron!

23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
Probably 10

24. Do you like Journey?
Of course. How can you not love the vocal stylings of Steve Perry?

25. Don’t try to pretend you don’t!
Wouldn't dream of it.

26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
For pure music - "The Fountain" with "The Mission" a close second. For cheesy fun - "Rocky IV". I wore out two cassette tape versions.

27. What was your last musical ‘phase’ before you wised up?
I don't think I ever "wised up" - I'll listen to almost anything except rap and country.

28. What’s the crappiest CD/record/etc. you’ve ever bought?

The Best of Kajagoogoo & Limahl - Bought it as a gag gift, and I was as bad as I had hoped.

29. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs?
CDs. Vinyl may be ’superior’ - but the equipment is too bulky, and you have to wear white cotton gloves when handling the record. I like CD's, but I am 99% digital now. Give me a high bit rate, my BOSE headphones and I am a happy boy.

No comments: