Monday, March 10, 2008

It's been 3,286 days...

It's been 3,286 days...

Since my wife made the decision to marry me.

Yesterday, I was honored to celebrate my nine year anniversary with Lisa. I have stopped asking how or why she has stayed with me this long. (I am afraid that if I ask too much, someone will discover the mistake and the universe will have to course correct.)

I love her with all my heart, and though the last few months have been some of our hardest, I love her more than ever. She is beautiful, courageous, strong, funny, loving, kind, generous, imaginative, creative, brilliant, unique, diverse, special, kind, intriguing, gifted, patient, happy, daring, full of laughter, etc. She has taken all the cracks in my soul and filled them.  She brings out the absolute best in me.  She keeps me sane.  She makes me happier than I ever dreamed I had a right to.  She has the largest heart of anyone I have ever met, and these nine years have been the best in my life.  She is my best friend and I can't imagine life without her.

I love you Lisa. I have for a very long time.

Here's to at least 999 more years to go!

No comments: