Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gidget goes to Washington

Sally Field will be playing Mrs. Lincoln in the upcoming film by Stephen Spielberg. The man playing the President? Liam Neeson. The film will be based on the book "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln."

The film is supposed to be set in the time leading up to the Civil War. The film is a long time coming, since Neeson signed on to play "Honest Abe" back in 2005 when Spielberg finished "Munich" and before he started "War of the Worlds".

The film is being developed by Tony Kushner, who wrote the script for "Munich".

I am not sure how to feel about this casting overall. It doesn't really get me excited, but I don't hate it. I have to say that Spielberg is doing some really interesting work the last 5-6 years and I am interested to see where he takes this.

No comments: